FreeEMS - Open Source Motorsteuergerät

Fearless
Re: FreeEMS - Open Source Motorsteuergerät

Beitrag von Fearless »

LOL! Nice :-) Give us a higher res image of your 25mm board, if you don't mind, I'm curious, morbidly so.

But big question: Why not just design an entire board? What's the point in all the effort to DOWNGRADE the software from OEM to M$2 and keep highly limited OEM hardware in between it and the engine? Seems pointless. Unless you're going for stealth?

Fred.
Fred Cooke, creator of FreeEMS - The open source engine management system! Number of installs! (with graph)

Also the founder of DIYEFI.org - The Do It Yourself Engine Control Community! Forum available here!
KLAS

Beitrag von KLAS »

Fearless hat geschrieben: Unless you're going for stealth?
thats the general reason in Germany.

making a special PCB only makes sense if you find enough people who wants the same
MS1, V2.2 Board, V3.0 Code, TBI
tooly

Beitrag von tooly »

Fearless hat geschrieben:LOL! Nice :-) Give us a higher res image of your 25mm board, if you don't mind, I'm curious, morbidly so.

But big question: Why not just design an entire board?
yes i could do
but why
no one need it
Fearless hat geschrieben:What's the point in all the effort to DOWNGRADE the software from OEM to M$2 and keep highly limited OEM hardware in between it and the engine?
i also downgrade to freeems :mrgreen:
the board could be look like this
Dateianhänge
m13_freeems.jpg
m13_freeems.jpg (105 KiB) 6926 mal betrachtet
Fearless

Beitrag von Fearless »

tooly hat geschrieben: yes i could do
but why
no one need it
Grossly wrong. Every time you take a random engine and put it in a random chassis, that's exactly what you need. Hence so many standalone manufacturers, MS's popularity, and FreeEMS's level of support.
tooly hat geschrieben:i also downgrade to freeems :mrgreen:
Yes, you certainly do, no argument there. Why the downgrade was the question.
tooly hat geschrieben:the board could be look like this
Neat, but sooooooo niche :-) If you send me something, it will at least have to be usable by plugging into USB for power or something like that.

Fred.
Fred Cooke, creator of FreeEMS - The open source engine management system! Number of installs! (with graph)

Also the founder of DIYEFI.org - The Do It Yourself Engine Control Community! Forum available here!
Metaworld82

Beitrag von Metaworld82 »

Hey Tooly,

I still got a PE Micro USB BDM Interface too get the Freds Serial Monitor on your new Baby if you want to Play with this new Project. I just read the Forum of DIYEFI. First what we Need for us should be a prober Hardwareboard for fast Development.

I´m interessted in this Projekt too.

@Fred. Nice work for one man power!! :twisted:
Biete Zusatzborads für 4-Bar Map Sensor incl. Barokorrekt, AGT Anzeigen für MS/KDFI, Sequi Umbau, mehr auf Anfrage möglich.

Projekt: Calibra Turbo powerd by Netics GT-K 450, Laminova Ansaugbrücke, MS3, Sequi Einspritzung, COP, 4XAGT, I/O Extender MS..
Fearless

Beitrag von Fearless »

Andy (DeuceEFI) can ship you a USBDM (open sauce/sores/source) for $32 US + shipping, if you need one: http://www.coolefi.com/usbdm.php

That can also let you upgrade your serial monitor on your MS2 stuff to a proper one usable by other tools. I'll attach that S19 to this post for future reference.

In terms of FreeEMS as it is, no boards are really required, and supporting board developers is just a drain on the limited resources. However, for adding this CPU to the option list, I'd need a dev board that I an access pins on, and load code to through USB.

Thanks Metaworld82, it's been a long hard road, and it's far from over yet, but the payoffs are starting to roll in :-)

Fred.
Dateianhänge
FreeMS2-SerialMonitor-1.0.s19.zip
Free MS2 Serial Monitor to allow use of normal and trustworthy tools to load code to an MS2 card. Useful to upgrade your existing MS2 setup.
(2.47 KiB) 291-mal heruntergeladen

tooly

Beitrag von tooly »

Fearless hat geschrieben:Grossly wrong. Every time you take a random engine and put it in a random chassis, that's exactly what you need.
why not use a dme with this nice hardeware inside
this is reel active recycling :mrgreen:
Fearless hat geschrieben:Neat, but sooooooo niche :-)
if you hack a motronic 3.x you got up to 12 output channels,up to 8 input channels, you got a good connector,...

you got an freeems schematic as pdf?
i cant find one
just this ravage.pdf
Metaworld82 hat geschrieben:I still got a PE Micro USB BDM Interface too get the Freds Serial Monitor on your new Baby if you want to Play with this new Project.
i got an usb bdm too :D

thomas
Fearless

Beitrag von Fearless »

Because your OEM hardware is severely limited in many ways, includes stuff that isn't needed, and fails to include stuff that is. But whatever floats your boat, versatility is king :-)

There is no "FreeEMS schematic", FreeEMS is firmware, schematics are for hardware which interface that firmware with a particular set of signals and an engine of some sort. RavAGE.pdf is your best bet. Jaguar's schematics are similar and also useful.

Sorry for the delay, I was away from home for two weeks helping a race team who were using FreeEMS to compete internationally. FreeEMS performed flawlessly (using a Jaguar 0.4-alpha and customised firmware), however the car suffered a driveline failure putting it out of the race.

Fred.

tooly

Beitrag von tooly »

damit das hier mal weitergeht und es einfacher wird das ganze zu testen
hab ich angefangen eine 40-6pin-adapterplatte für ein msv3.0 board zu frickeln

http://forum.diyefi.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2229
Fearless

Beitrag von Fearless »

Nice work, tooly! :-)

HHTC

Beitrag von HHTC »

brauchen wir nur noch die passende Firmware und die Umbenennung des Forum in Motorkontrolle... :D
TS 2.0.6 - MLV MS 3.3.02
-----------------------------------------
neues Projekt:
Turbo mit 16V